Eye clinic support
Have you been told that you’re losing your sight?
Finding out that your sight is deteriorating can be a daunting and upsetting time. Our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer, also known as an ECLO or a Sight Loss Advisor, can provide you with practical and emotional support to help you understand your diagnosis and come to terms with living with sight loss.
Our ECLO can provide:
- information about your eye condition
- support, if you are worried, confused or upset about your vision
- information on the process of becoming registered as blind or partially sighted and the benefits of being registered
- advice about daily living and low vision aids
- advice on where to find help on benefits and concessions
- links to local peer support and voluntary organisations
- advice about education, employment, housing and leisure
The ECLO is based in the Eye Unit at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treliske and works closely with the medical staff there. There is no need to make an appointment, although you can if you prefer. All appointments are private and confidential.
For more information contact Tara Butler on 07494310756