iSightCornwall launches a new way to help change livesFebruary 5, 2020 11:14 am
Cornwall’s oldest charity has launched a new way of supporting their vital work.
The Friends of iSightCornwall is a new initiative to allow people to help fund essential services from as little as £2 a month.
As an independent charity, iSightCornwall relies on donations to deliver their essential services.
- Essential transport for people living alone to attend our social and activity clubs.
- Home visits to assess the needs of individuals and support their independence.
- Community events to deliver sight loss support to people in rural Cornwall.
- Simple pieces of equipment to assist visually impaired people with everyday tasks such as making a cup of tea, telling the time or reading their post.
- Assessments to help blind and partially sighted people to get the welfare benefits they are entitled to.
Until now the only way of supporting these services and the charity was to become a member or to make a one off donation.
But with the launch of the Friends of iSightCornwall, people can now make regular small donations each month.
This means they will not receive any literature or communication, unless they sign up to the optional newsletter.
Friends can give £2, £5, £10 or an amount of their choice, which over the course of a year will make a difference in somebody’s life.
For the cost of a latte each month, a Friend can help provide equipment demonstrations which will help visually impaired people with everyday tasks such as making a cup of tea.
Carole Theobald, acting Chief Executive of iSightCornwall, said:
“We are an independent charity and all of the money raised in Cornwall stays in Cornwall. We are the first centre of resource for all in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who are affected by sight loss, whatever their age, circumstance or condition.
“There are more than 22,000 visually impaired people living in the county and by becoming a Friend of iSightCornwall you can ensure they get access to the help and support they need.”
To find out more or to become a Friend of iSightCornwall click here